Rug cleaning is a great household job. It is really not simply vacuuming and getting rid of dust that's stuck in the rug fiber. When the dirt is hard to remove, you might like to seek the assistance of a certified carpet cleaner especially if you have wall to wall rugs that can take hours to do by yourself. However, for those who have decided to do the cleaning yourself, we're glad to give you seven smart tips to consider in carpet cleaning:
1. Save time and energy by getting ready ahead. Set up your rug washing materials in one container and use a protective gown, apron, face mask and gloves for cleaning.
2. Read carefully the directions on the carpet cleaning products first before using them. Always follow package guidelines to ensure safety.
3. Remove most of the home furniture and anything that blocks the rug surface. Let loved ones leave the room while you clean the carpet.
4. Vacuum the carpet first to clear it of dirt that is certainly caught on the carpet fibers.
5. Start cleaning from the surface farthest from the entrance. If you are using liquid rug cleaning shampoo, set up the vacuum as you finish a portion of the space. Do the vacuuming at once and then dry well.
6. Rug stains are typical so you need to spend time in cleaning the stains and grime. A great option is to use vinegar or baking soda paste that can easily remove dirt and grime. You can use part vinegar and part water and place in a spray bottle; use this solution to soak the stain away.
7. Finish cleaning the rug and let everything dry before moving the furniture back.
It is not easy to do the carpet cleaning yourself. However, if you think that you are not satisfied with your work and if the spots are really tough, next time you can always consider hiring a professional rug cleaner in Ellicott City, MD especially if you want to maintain the good quality of the rug you bought. Remember that professional rug cleaners have a lot of experience when it comes to the use of the right shampoo and other cleaning materials for any kinds of rugs. Find out more about a reliable rug cleaner in Ellicott City, MD. Call them now and let them help you.